Friday, May 16, 2014

The Nars Experience




Complimentary gift from Nars Malaysia. It was a mini red nail polish called Tomorrow's Red. 
Thank you Nars Malaysia.



I had Salad Landaise from ThePressroom. The perfectly cooked duck breast and the crunchiness from the toasted pine nuts just won me over. I think I want to order this again 'if' I go there.



Everybody is having their scrumptious lunch, divine desserts and chit chatting away. I'm the last to arrive so everybody knew everybody already. Everyone had a good time it seems.



Whisked back to the Nars store and I was about to take pictures of my favorite makeup brand when Justin the Nars makeup artist ask me to join him for the makeover. 


The beautiful mess. 


There's both Hani & Hanny in the reflections.


My favorite section at my favorite cosmetics store. I want all of those. Seriously. 

My makeup artist, Justin was very helpful and friendly and made me feel at ease. I love how he explains everything clearly, and I just learned more about my skin, things I didn't even know before. He recommended me on what products and colors that suits my skin tone. I just simply put them in my wishlist.

1. The first step is to cleansed my face from any trace of makeup with the Nars Makeup Removing Water that literally feels like water and smells very refreshing. It is an alcohol, oil, and soap free water that tones the skin at the same time. I felt instantly rejuvenated and it doesn't have any scent to it. I like how it does not tingles at all which is wonderful.

2. He applied a Nars Optical Brightening Concentrate serum, it contains Vitamin C and Noni Fruit Extract to help with signs of aging. The serum penetrates deep into the skin and will help to diminish any dark spots or scars and will help to brighten the complexion with continued use. To moisturize the skin, he used Aqua Gel Luminous Oil Free Moisturizer which is suitable for my combination skin. I like how the moisturizer is very cooling, and doesn't feel sticky at all. My skin felt refreshed and hydrating. 

3. Afterwards he applied an Oil Free Pore Refining Primer (RM145) which he suggest is good for combination skin like mine. It will help the makeup to adheres better to the skin and even out the skin tone in some way. I love this primer for its velvety texture and pore refining properties.

4. He then applied the Radiant Cream Compact Foundation (RM145) in the shade Fiji using his finger so the foundation will warm up and blends seamlessly into the skin. He likes to show the skin through and not cover it all up to avoid looking cakey, thick and too made up.

5. For my dark circles and pigmentation he used the Radiant Cream Concealer in Honey. (RM100) The hyped concealer covers my dark circles nicely but it still looks natural. He dabbed some of the concealer onto some of my dark spots too. This concealer is hydrating but offers medium to full coverage. Its a favorite among many people. 

6. For a perfectly natural flushed cheeks, the multiple in Riviera (RM140) is used in dabbing motion on the apples of the cheek. I love the glow it gives. I think I need Riviera in my life now. I always avoided pink cheeks but now I adore it. He also contour using the blush in Madly (RM120) which I never thought of. It sculpted the face subtly but it works. I'm madly in love with Madly!

7. The Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder (RM130) is dust all over the face to set the makeup, and he did my brows using the Brow Perfector, and combing it through with the Nars Brow Gel so the brows stay put and trimmed. I love the way he did my brows, its natural but full but perfectly not too thick and not to thin. I never do my brows like this, I think I have been doing it all wrong? 

6. On my eyes it is a natural eye look with a wash of light golden color on the lid, a dark brown eyeshadow called Fez (RM90) on the crease, a black gel liner or an Eye Paint on top and bottom lash and finish it off with a Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara. (RM95) Although I wear a lot of neutral eyes, I have never worn it like this, perhaps its the product itself or maybe my techniques is still weak. 

7. For the bold lips, he chose the Pure Matte Lipstick in Mascate.(RM90), a bright, bold, red color with hint of orange undertones and it makes my teeth look whiter. However I'm afraid it would scare people off, hence I asked for a red plummy color, Satin Lip Pencil in Palais Royal (RM85) was used and it gives a very elegant look to the face, it is a dark, berry, red color with hint of shine. I was not feeling the color, that is just me being indecisive, and its a vampy look in day time, so Justin kindly used Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned (RM85), another berry, wine color which is right my alley and the color is a wearable red color that I could happily pull off.

I didn't have any before and after photos and the ones I had are not doing any justice of how pretty the makeup is. I immediately looking forward to take photos of all the stunning colors on display but was also trying to choose something to buy, so there I was all over the place contemplating this and that and didn't manage to catch up with other girls who are all prettily made up. I feel bad but I also don't want my family to wait for me for hours long. Sigh.

Thank you Nars Malaysia and Miss Paris and to Justin for this lovely experience. I learned a lot and it was a very enjoyable experience. 

We'll meet again! 

2 comments:

  1. Whoa you're so lucky that you get to experience that! :) Btw, i love the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Damned :) Love your outfit too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could be next! Hope they're planning for another one,and thank you but can't you see my bulging belly there haha ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and comments! :)

 
Blogging tips